Here are 8 steps to using SEO by yourself!
Step 1 – WordPress
- Yoast is a WordPress plugin
- In order to use this plugin, your website should be created through WordPress
Step 2 – Plugin
- On the left column on WordPress, click on “plugin”
- Then click on “add new”
Step 3 – Search
- In the search bar, type “Yoast”
- It will be the first result on the left
Step 4 – Install Yoast
- Click on “install now”
- Then “activate”
- After the plugin is activated, it will show on the bottom left column
Step 5 – Add Your Post!
- Now that you downloaded Yoast, you can put it to use!
- Create your post
- Insert your headings, subheadings, and text
Step 6 – SEO by Myself
- Now that you added your post, it’s time to optimize it and make it noticeable!
- Scroll down the same page you added your post and add the key phrase
- Think “what’s the point of this post?” “Who am I attracting?”
Step 7 – Google Preview
- Have your key phrase in your SEO title so it can be easily identified by your audience
- It’s the first thing people will see while browsing the internet, before going to your website
- The slug is a part of your URL of the page containing your post
- Ex. www.myblog.com/this-is-a-slug
- The blurb people will read under your SEO title
- It’s a snippet of the content they’re about to read or browse
Step 8 – SEO Analysis
- What makes this plugin so great is its ability to identify your areas of opportunities to make your post more optimized
- Go through those points thoroughly, and make your improvements
Now that you completed the SEO steps, your post is ready to be published!